Tuesday 25 May 2010

미인아 reinterpreted

I've been following this Korean pianist on YouTube, called Yoonha. He reinterprets pop songs for the piano, often changing songs that I would normally not listen to into beautiful piano pieces that I quite enjoy listening to. The latest is a cover of the Korean boy band Super Junior's song, "Mi-Ina." Frankly, the original song does nothing for me. However, Yoonha's collaboration with Nataie White(aka Pumashock) creates a riveting song. Natalie White is another YouTube performer who enjoys covering pop music, specifically K-pop.



You can listen to Yoonha's cover of 미인아 (piano only), without Nataie's singing here.

If you like piano music I suggest you listen to some of Yoonha's stuff, even if you're not into pop music. I hope to do an interview with Yoonha someday for pyponline.

No comments: