Tuesday 1 December 2009

Talking (and Singing) to Oneself

I sometimes talk to myself. Do you?

Charlie, in the YouTube video below sings to himself; and not a bad song either.



So what do I talk about when I talk to myself. Actually, most of the time I'm "writing" something. I'm composing letters, or essays, or poems, or blog posts, or arguments, and I do this either silently or verbally. Then I would interrupt myself with counterarguments or other points, and I will strengthen my argument accordingly. So my personal conversations are not that interesting. Unlike a previous roommate of mine who had serious arguments with himself, especially while showering. My bedroom was right next to the bathroom, so I often heard him having fights with himself. It was somewhat troubling. His self-talk stopped when he started to date.

While I do occassionally talk to myself, most of the time I just laugh at myself. To live with me, you need a sense of humour.

1 comment:

Lindi said...

hahaha........lol that sounds familier...:-)