Thursday 10 December 2009

Snowboarding in the Heart of Seoul

This weekend the Snowboard Big Air World Cup is hosted in Seoul at the Gwanghwamun plaza – yes, right in the heart of Seoul. There will be a free style show on Friday, an “Infinite Dream Jump” event on Saturday, and Sunday will see the LG Snowboard FIS World Cup, starting at 11:00.


(Image Source: Chosun Ilbo)

I’ll probably show up on Sunday. I'm supposed to meet up with a friend of mine, but why not do both? I'm confident he won't mind to come along as he used to be a snowboard/ski instructor and was probably planning to go there anyway. If you happen to pitch up, come over and say hi. I’ll most likely be wearing my happy orange jumper (but with more clothes underneath, and maybe a beanie and some ear muffs). A group of expats are also planning to go on Saturday as part of Roboseyo’s 2S2 meeting – they’ll be meeting at 2pm at Twosome Place Café close to Anguk Station (Line 3), Exit 1. Just be there at two and look for the foreigners; I'm confident you'll quickly be assimilated into the 2S2 gang.

I'll most likely take my camera and share some pictures here later.

3 comments:

Lindi said...

......thats the old Sanko I know of knowlegdeable../...updated...nice open invitation....thanks...

Skryfblok said...

Some settings, like public outdoor events, are open invitations; while other settings, like private birthday parties are not. That's life for you...

I look forward to seeing you there. By the way, the friend I am referring to in my post who I am going to bring along is Jin. I'm sure he'll be excited to see you.

Lindi said...

.....following E.G. White public invitations are better of than private setting...I am glad that I am still a christian......great times.....