Tuesday 15 December 2009

A Sunday


On Sunday I went to the Snowoard Big Air World Cup ("Seoul Snow Jam") event at Gwanghwamun. I’m actually a little bit under the weather (sore throat and a cough) so I didn’t get there at 11am as I had hoped, but instead arrived sometime after noon. I’m sorry for my absence if anybody tried to spot me around 11ish. Upon my late arrival Christine was already there. A big crowd of spectators all trying to get a better view of the big ramp cramped on the sidewalks. Apart from the main ramp, there was also a smaller exhibition ramp constructed on the steps of the Sejong Centre for Performing Arts (one of my favourite places to go in Seoul).

We stayed for probably an hour and a half or so (I didn’t really keep track of time) during which I took a number of photos. But I started to feel worse so we headed off to Kyobo Bookstore (another one of my favourite places in Seoul). While browsing in the sports section (reading a book on the basics of snowboarding) another friend noticed me in my orange jumper. Brian and one of his friends came down from Ilsan by motorbike for the day and just happened to quickly visit Kyobo Bookstore. We all went to a restaurant in Kyobo building. The food was really good and great value for money; unfortunately, I forgot the name of it.

Afterwards I headed for Sangbong to meet up with the foreign faculty of my university. The university decided to take us all out for dinner; I’m assuming it is a Christmas dinner of sorts. Although I didn’t eat that much for lunch, at dinner time I had no appetite on account of my cold. I just sat and looked at the other people eat, while occasionally nibbling on something, which is somewhat of a waste because VIPS usually have some great food.

After the dinner I departed with two of my colleagues to Nowon Lotte Cinema to whatch a movie – Law Abiding Citizen. While it has some good moments, overall it is disappointing.

1 comment:

Einstein's Brain said...

The restaurant is Avenue One. Too bad the chocolate was so expensive. It was great to meet up with those guys. The more the merrier. I found out that someone took off with the copy of the book I wanted to buy. I searched around for another copy and found some somewhere else--for 1,000 won cheaper! Bookstores are so addictive.