Monday 3 November 2008

Next subwaybook

I've just decided what my next subway read will be -- C. S. Lewis' The Abolition of Man. I'm already looking forward to it. There are two problems though. (1) The book I'm currently reading, Danie Goosen's Die Nihilisme is a slow read, so it will be long before I'll start with my next subway book. (2) I don't have The Abolition of Man.

On the other hand, it might not be a good decision to read two philosophical texts one after the other. Maybe I should read a short novel before I start The Abolition of Man. I may even consider a Shakespeare play. It's been over a year since I last read any Shakespeare.

3 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

I understand that. "The Lemon Tree" is a slow read. The book has so much background information on middle eastern history. I decided to read some library books before I get back to Korea. I just took a biography on Shakespeare by Bill Bryson from the library. I have read nearly two chapters of it. It's very interesting. Too bad little is known about Shakespeare's life. It is insightful on the life in sixteenth and seventeenth century England though and I have learned some new things about Shakespeare.

Mary-Jane said...

You should definitely have some variety. Read the short novel/Shakespeare before you start on Lewis again.

Skryfblok said...

Thanks for the tips!