Tuesday 9 June 2009

Taekwon-Do Tournament in Daegu

The past weekend I attended a regional ITF Taekwon-Do tournament in Korea as an umpire. You can read a report focussing more on the tournament itself here.

We departed for Daegu (which is a city in the south east of Korea) late Saturday afternoon and arrived around 22:00, where we booked into the motel that we stayed at. Our team decided to go out a bit, so we went searching for a coffee shop. We went back the motel around midnight. The following morning I decided to skip breakfast and sleep in, as I was not in the mood for a Korean breakfast, which typically consists of rice, kimchi and side-dishes (which is a typical meal anytime of the day).

I attended the tournament as an umpire, the same reason I went to Japan in December last year. It was a nice day spent with my Taekwon-Do friends, but exhausting. I only arrived back home around 01:00 Sunday evening.

Some photos... Below is two photos of the Seoul ITF-Taekwon-Do team that went to the tournament.


Below is me and Soho, a Chinese-Korean Taekwon-Doin that trains with us at our dojang.



Haley and I. She is a fellow South African and quite passionate about her new hobby, Taekwon-Do.


Following are more photos of the tournament: a sparring match, me doing some "umpiring", and flying Taekwon-Doin performing a demonstration.





1 comment:

Lindi said...

wow looks exciting:-)