Friday 12 June 2009

5000

My visitor counter for this blog passed the 5000 mark. My ClustrMaps-counter reports around 2300+ visitors since I installed it last year. These are not unique visits. Regardless, what's so special about unique visits? It is the regular visitors that I care about, many of whom I don't know*, but who still find my life interesting enough to come by regularly.

Blogging has multiple functions for me. Sometimes it is just to blow off steam, as one fellow blogger recently confessed. Usually, in my case, it is to "log" for the purposes of remembering. I don't keep a diary anymore -- blogging has become one of the ways I log my experiences, my thoughts, my curiousities, my interests... Another reason, of course, for starting this blog was to keep my "Global Family" up to date with my expat experiences. With so many people with whom I feel an affinity, it is practically impossible to share my life in personalised individual emails. Blogging, is one means of bridging that problem. Then again, blogging is a way to force myself to write. Writer's block occurs when you stop writing, as I explained in my very first post for this blog. And that is in part, the reason for the title Skryfblok, literally "Writing Pad" in Afrikaans but also by auditory inference "skryf"-block (writer's block).

Again, thanks to all my regular visitors. And if you haven't posted a comment before, please introduce yourself sometime.

Sincerely,
Sanko

* I'm suspecting that at least one regular visitor to be a geeky CIA-operative spying on me. I'm sorry to disappoint him though. My life's interesting, but not that interesting.

5 comments:

Mary-Jane said...

Wow - congratulations! This is quite a landmark you've passed... May we be celebrating 10 000 soon!

Skryfblok said...

Thnx.

Einstein's Brain said...

I also used to keep paper diaries. I will always treasure those old diaries from high school and college. I used to carry them with me at times with some coloured pens so I could write in them when I felt like it. I had a friend who also did the same thing. She used to have her diary with her when she worked in the library. Now things have changed...
You do have an interesting blog with some good essays an nice pictures.

Lindi said...

Yes its interesting how developemental phases affects us, physically and all spheres of beings.

I still prefere paper dairy than the open forum blog......sometimes one can be paranoic ......all that said I have a blog that i seldomly update .......

My thesis was on evaluating and comparing search engines, twas amazing to know far internet can do and cannot do......,,,

With the current studies I have discovered the implications of sitting infront of the computer. pros and cons ....... which will reveal themselves in a long run,

Well what can we do Information age.......

Yes echoing the compliment.....

Lindi said...

its so sad that there is no unfo button for the blog unless one deletes the comment which is daunting

all the same inview of the previous writing = corrections

"twas amazing to note how far the interner .....