Sunday 25 October 2009

Skryfblok’s Most Kissable People Challenge: My List

Recently I challenged readers of my blog to share with me who they think are the ten most kissable people – five women and five men. Read the challenge and then share with me your list. Here is mine:

Most Kissable Women

Monica Bellucci


Model / Actress, Monica Bellucci seems to get more beautiful the older she gets. People have likened her to a goddess; me included. She is the most voluptuous woman in the entertainment industry. When I’m asked who do I think is the most beautiful woman I immediately think of Monica Bellucci, have a blush reflex, and need to fan myself to calm my nerves. She’s the kind of “heaven” that will make me go to hell. And boy, would I like to kiss her!

Sheryl Crow


I’ve always found Sheryl Crow’s mouth outrageously sexy. It is true that she does not have the bee-stung lips usually considered appealing, like for instance Angelina Jolie’s; regardless, I love her mouth. I’m assuming that my fascination with her mouth has more to do with what proceed out of it. Her mouth is a synecdoche for her sexy voice. I’ve been listening to Sheryl Crow since 1996.

Catwoman – Michelle Pfeiffer


Michelle Pfeiffer in her shining black leather as Catwoman is a killer. I first fell in love with her in the movie Ladyhawke (1985), but like Monica Bellucci, Michelle Pfeiffer seems to become more beautiful the older she gets. Most men that saw Michelle Pfeiffer in her Catwoman outfit in Batman Returns can testify of the tremendous impact it had on our psyche. Kissing Catwoman would be like the little male spider kissing the Black Widow; there is the danger of being eaten alive. But I guess that ads to the trhill.

Claire Forlani


I first saw Claire Forlani in Meet Joe Black (1998) opposite Brad Pitt. In that movie Pitt’s presence completely overshadowed her, so I did not really take notice. But two years later she played in the movie Boys and Girls (2000) and it was quite the opposite. I left the cinema walking on clouds, completely in love with the character she played. If I could marry that character I would have done so on the spot, and when the pastor declares “You may kiss the bride” it would have been one extraordinary kiss.

Song Hye Kyo


Most female Korean celebrities look the same to me and it is not because I’m racist, it is because they literally do look the same. Many of them have plastic surgery and as this is a homogenous culture most of them have the same ideas about aesthetic ideals; hence, many of them get plastic surgery to enhance similar features. One Korean actress / model I can recognize from any throng of lookalikes is the beautiful and very kissable Song Hye Kyo.

Most Kissable Men

Elvis Presley


Of the males, Elvis was the easiest guy to choose as kissable. Again, it might be a case of his voice making his mouth sexy, I don't know. But look at those lips. Definitely kissable.

Brad Pitt


When I was a teenager I had very few role models. A workaholic father and brothers thinking me weird (read “creative”), left me with little options but the popular media. It was with many of Brad Pitt’s outsider-characters that I associated, or tried to mold my teenage character around: Firstly, Tristan Ludlow in Legends of the Fall (1992); especially Louis de Pointe du Lac in Interview with a Vampire (1994); thirdly, David Mills in Se7en (1995); as well as Michael Sullivan (1996) in Sleepers. By the time two of my favourite movies, Fight Club (1999) and Snatch (2000), came out I already started to have a unique enough identity of my own, so that I did not try to follow Brad Pitt’s characters anymore. Nonetheless, his oeuvre made a strong enough impression on me to still consider him one of my favourite male actors.

Jarred Leto


It was a close call between Jarred Leto and Kurt Cobain, but in the end I settled with Jarred Leto. While I prefer Cobain’s music over Leto’s any day, I think Leto would make the better kisser. I just don’t know if I’d be able to endure the bristles while kissing. I think that smooth female skin makes for much better kissing. Would you agree or disagree?
Chris Isaak

Watch the “Wicked Game” music video – ‘nough said.




Miyavi


Okay, choosing Miyavi is probably cheating since half of the time he is so androgynous that kissing him is almost like kissing a girl. I ran out of options. Regardless, he looks quite kissable --  lip rings besides.

###

So that’s my list of Most Kissable People. Please share your list. If you have a blog of your own, take up the challenge and share with the world who you find most kissable – remember to send me the link. Alternatively, you can write your list as a comment to this message. Or email me your list at skryfblok at gmail dot com.

What did I learn from this exercise? For one, I noticed that for me the actual shape of the mouth had little to do with its smoochability. The person in her (or his) entirety contributed more than the lips themselves. I also noticed that singers made up half of my list, and apart from Brad Pitt the rest of my male choices are all singers. While compiling the list a number of women that did not make the final five were singers as well. Also noteworthy is that most of the women listed are older than I am, but that is not a surprise to me. I do find mature (i.e. independent) women much more attractive than the cutesy-girly-type, so common in the Far East. Lastly, while it is easy for me to find men attractive, as far as romance and kissing is concerned, I prefer female lips. How about you?

1 comment:

Skryfblok said...

Two followers of "Skryfblok" has already taken up the challenge.

Mary-Jane IX

http://mary-janeix.blogspot.com/2009/10/skryfbloks-most-kissable-people.html

I must say that the tall Dutch beauty, Famke Janssen, was also on my short list, but alas, she didn't make the final five.

Korea Has Seoul

http://butterfly-poette.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-post_24.html

Wow, Bettie Page! I've completely forgotten about her.

Thank you Mary-Jane and Korea-Has-Seoul for being the first to take up the challenge.