Sunday 4 October 2009

David Choi Visits Korea!


David Choi is one of my favourite online musicians. I started following him on YouTube (David Choi Music), I think, in 2006 already. He writes original songs (some of them hilarious), and also do beautiful acoustic covers of famous songs. His laidback, non-pretentious style makes him unique in the music industry. “Music industry” is somehow a misnomer, as David Choi is not part of the mainstream music monster system – instead he markets himself online through YouTube and iTunes. He has a massive YouTube fan base and features on every major networking site, like Bebo, iMeem, Amazon.com, Twitter, Myspace and Facebook.

The great thing is that David came to visit a friend that’s in the army here in Korea and will be performing two gigs; one this coming Friday night, and one on Saturday night. I won’t be able to make the Friday night’s show, but hope to go see him on Saturday night. These Korean gigs will kick off his American West Coast tour. I’m really disappointed that I couldn’t get to see him perform live more – on Saturday he will only play a couple songs during the Paju City Sound Festival.

1 comment:

Einstein's Brain said...

I haven't heard him before. He's quite talented.