Saturday 24 October 2009

Gwangju --> Gochang

I find myself at the bus terminal in Gwangju. Yesterday I just decided I need to get away from my familiar surroundings. After my chiropractic appointment I went to Express Bus Terminal in Seoul and took the bus to Gwangju. My intention was to sleep over in a motel and then go early Saturday morning to a Sabbath keeping church where a pastor I worked with a couple of years ago now resides. However, when I got in Gwangju the taxi driver did not understand where I wanted to go, so I phoned the pastor asking him to direct me. Of course, pastor Baek-Joon wouldn't have me stay over in a motel, so I spent the night with him and his family.

This morning I attended the little Sabbath keeping church and also had lunch with them. After lunch I took the taxi again and find myself at the bus terminal once more. I bought a ticket for Gochang where I plan to site see and take pictures this afternoon. Apparently Gochang has a famous fortress that they build to ward off Imperial Japan in the 1300s. I've seen many palaces and temples in Korea before, but I'm yet to see a fortress, so I'm looking forward to it. I might stay over in Gochang tonight and then take a bus back to Seoul tomorrow afternoon. Or I might just take the bus somewhere else -- may even come back to Gwangju (it's only an hour away). Gwangju has an IMAX movie theatre, and I'm always in the mood for a good movie.

I'll update about my travels again soon.

In the meantime, start thinking about Skryfblok's Most Kissable People Challenge. I'm looking forward to see the names you come up with. I hope to post my list Sunday night.

2 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

Which Gwangju school was it? The main one, Bukbu, or Sangmu?
I have been meaning to go to Sangmu again for a visit, but I haven't found the time. I should have done that last summer when I had a week off.

Skryfblok said...

Sangmu.