Friday 26 September 2008

Disappointed celebration

Yesterday (Thursday) was payday and to celebrate I planned to go see a Hamlet-performance which finishes today. Last night was the only opportunity to go see it as I'm too busy today, and tonight I want to be at home.

So at five my friend Young and I set off to Nambu, where the Seoul Arts Centre is. We arrived two hours later and then it struck me... Is this where the National Theatre is? No, says Young. The Korea National Theatre is over at Namsan. Namsan, not Nambu, I reallised. The play started in half an hour, there was no way would could have made it in time to Namsan. I was really disappointed; mostly in myself for net double checking the directions. I just assumed it is at the Seoul Arts Centre, which is one of my favourite places in Seoul.

Another thing I have to do with my paycheck is buy a computer for home. I'm going to take over a desktop from friends of mine (they'll be dropping it of on Sunday), but I still need to go buy a monitor. I'm planning to go do it this afternoon. Let's hope that this plan works out better than the previous one.

No comments: