Friday 2 July 2010

Where's Karma-Ann Swanepoel?

What happened to Karma-Ann Swanepoel. Her official website is somewhat out dated.

The band Henry Ate was one of my favourite South African bands when I was a first or second year student at varsity. Since then, the lead singer Karma-Ann Swanepoel has moved to England, and later to America. I only have two of her albums -- the first two: "Slap in the Face" and "One Day Soon." In South Africa she was a national music star and her albums were easily available. Now that she is abroad, getting hold of her albums are rather difficult. At least I can get to listen to some of her stuff here or at her MySpace-page and at the Karma-Band YouTube channel. Of course, I can always try iTunes, but I do not support iTunes (for the same reason I don't do Facebook -- I don't like monopolies.)




My favourite Karma song is probably "Tuesday Afternoons" from the "One Day Soon"-album, unfortunately I couldn't find an online version to share with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ek het ook al gewonder wat van die girl geword het. Het baie van haar musiek gehou...

Skryfblok said...

Aa, nog 'n aanhanger!