Tuesday 10 August 2010

Kat Parsons

Photo by Dan Busta

I'm back from my trip to Thailand. It went by much to fast. In the days to follow I will relate some of my experiences there. But before I can do so, I have to share a nice experience that preluded it. I departed to Thailand the morning of the Sunday before last. The Saturday evening before my departure I went to the Hyatt Hotel in Seoul to say farewell to Kat Parsons and also hear her perform.



Kat and I corresponded by email a couple of months before this Saturday night. She was in Seoul and wanted to take up Taekwon-Do so I gave her the details for our dojang. She attended the morning classes. Since I work in the mornings, I never actually met her in person before that evening and now I'm quite disappointed that I didn't.

That Saturday night I went with our Taekwon-Do instructor and other students from our gym that used to train with Kat to the Hyatt where Kat worked as a musician -- singing and playing the piano. This was her last Saturday night performance before her return to the United States the following week (while I was in Thailand), and so ending her work-and-tour time in Asia.

I'm disappointed that this was our only time to meet as I felt an immediate connection with her. It might just be my wrongful interpretation of her "stage personality". With "connection" I'm not necessarily suggesting a romantic connection; rather a friendship connection that under other circumstances might have evolved in something more, or not. Who is to say what could or could not have happened? Whichever way it could have gone, it would still have been an enriching experience. Kat just has one of those "enriching" personalities. Our instructor told me that whenever Kat attended the classes the whole atmosphere became lighter and more energetic.

I realise, of course, that the fact that she is a singer attracts me to her. In my list of Most Kissable People I revealed my definite attraction to singers. It might have something to do with my earliest romantic experience. The first girl I kissed was a girl named Jackie. We were in Grade 1 or Grade 2. Jackie had a most wonderful singing voice and I think I was in love with her from the first moment I heard her sing. We both lived far from school and took the same bus home. Once we climbed underneath a bus seat and gave each other a kiss. Although the kiss was nothing more than a peck -- what does seven-years-olds know about kissing? -- it was a sweet experience. I often asked Jackie to sing to me. Maybe Kat with her beautiful dark flowing her, bright character and lovely voice reminded me of Jackie. Did I mention that she has a sexy mouth ... uhm ... voice?

Kat sang me one of my favourite songs -- Wonderwall by Oasis. I listed it once under ten of my favourite love songs.

Kat Parson's album "No Will Power" can be downloaded at iTunes

2 comments:

Franco said...

Dude sy is hot! Shame on you dat jy nie tyd saam met haar spandeer het nie!

Skryfblok said...

Ek stem saam.