Wednesday 25 November 2009

The Twighlight-Saga

When I saw the first movie in the Twilight Saga I was utterly disappointed. I’m a vampire movie fan, so of course I went to see it, but I was quite disappointed at having wasted the money and time (read my short review here). If you don’t know what the Twilight-Saga is about, then read Kiss My Kimchi’s synopsis.

I recently saw the trailer for the next installment in the Twilight Saga – New Moon. Judging by the trailer it looked much more interesting, and hopefully even a little scarya. (The first one was about as scary a bubblegum-milkshake.)



Unfortunately the reviews at Rotten Tomatoes have little good to say about the movie.

The really terrible thing is that, since I’m a vampire-genre fan – and have been since childhood, I will probably end up going to the cinema when it finally starts showing in Korea next month. And I'm likely to complain about it afterwards.

What I'm really looking forward to see is Ninja Assassin!

4 comments:

Mary-Jane said...

My bookclub also recently discussed Twilight. The members were quite enamoured with the movie (I haven't seen it yet, so I'm reserving judgement).
Personally I found the book very melodramatic, but I can see how that would draw the teenage audience.
You can go look at piratequeenbooks.blogspot.com if you would like to see a summary of that discussion.

Skryfblok said...

Thanks for the link.

I heard from somebody, after I complained about the first movie, that the book is better. Then again, isn't that always the case?

I can think of one exception, which I shared with you long ago -- Prince Caspian. I surprised myself when I walked out of the cinema thinking that here the changes to the script actually made the story better than in the original. And that coming from a C. S. Lewis fan!

Phoenixstorm said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm also a die hard vampire fan, and, yes, Twilight did blow chunks, it also had some redeemable eye candy which sort of goes hand in hand with vampires. Still, I'm hoping that New Moon is better than Ninja A. because that movie didn't live up to expectations at all.

It seems like lately vampires can only be done right on the small screen.

Skryfblok said...

The best vampire movie I've seen "recently" was the Scandinavian film Let the Right One In.