Sunday 26 September 2010

Jeju-Do

The last couple of days I spent in Jeju-Do, Korea's largest island -- south-east of the peninsula.

Last week Wednesday was Chuseok in Korea, whereupon people return to their respective "home towns" to bring tribute to their ancestors. It is a holiday focussed on family and food, similar to Thanksgiving in America. Both the day before and after Chuseok is customarily public holidays as well. My work also gave my Friday off so I had a holiday from Tuesday until today during which I went to Jeju.

I went with a group of people, none of whom I know, but most of them were quite amiable. I met a handful of individuals whom I hope to enjoy their company with again. The highlight of trip was definitely the days I went open-water scuba diving -- the first on a small island off of Jeju called Moonseon, and the other a beach dive. In all I did four open-water dives as part of the scuba diving certificate course I started with a while back.

If I have time I will write up some of the experiences I had on the trip and hopefully include some photos.

No comments: