Wednesday 1 September 2010

The Case of the Vanished Basil


Outside my apartment building I have three small pots and one large pot with basil. This morning when I went to work for our weekly department meeting (at 8:30am!) I inspected my little plants with a sense of pride. I've harvested basil leafs just a couple of days ago and the basil plants had already sprouted new leaves. After the department meeting I returned home for breakfast, but as I passed my plants two of the small plants had vanished. I have my suspicious as to whom might have taken it, but I cannot prove it. It really upsets me that people could just feel it appropriate to take something that clearly belongs to someone else. I know it is just two little basil plants; still, I'm quite fond of my basil plants. I grew them from seeds and struggled to get them to the size they are now where I can harvest from them. Not to mention that it very difficult to get basil in Korea, whether dried or fresh. I'm quite upset, too be honest. If this person had asked me for some, I would have given her/him a plant.

2 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

Whoever took your basil is a loser. It sucks to grow something and then have it lost. There is nothing like fresh basil in cooking too.
I remember growing some nice Asian lilies for a few years and growing them very tall with 13 or 14 blossoms on them. Then one year some evil bugs from Hell came and ate them to stubble. I was more than ticked off.

Skryfblok said...

Apart from my basil, I noticed that my thyme plant has also gone missing!