Friday 23 April 2010

"Conspiracy Interview Room"

Today I saw this direction board in the Student Affairs Building at a university in Seoul. Notice all the interesting rooms available.



Look specifically at Room 108. Here it is zoomed in for your convenience:



Now at first I thought it is merely an example of bad translation from Korean into English. Curious as to what such a "Conspiracy Interview Room" might look like, I went off in search of Room 108. I found Room 107, the "Spiritual Education Counseling Office" with its big friendly non-suspicious looking glass doors quite easily.


But for the life of me I could not find Room 108. There is just not a Room 108 on the floor (nor on the second floor or in the basement -- I really went searching for it), nor any sign to indicate where the "Conspiracy Interview Room" ought to be. What I did find however, is the following door, where one would expect Room 108 to be.


It was, of course, locked. A door like this could give rise to conspiracies . . .