Wednesday 25 August 2010

Willie Nelson



While I was in Pohang, staying over at a hotel, I watched a Larry King interview with Willie Nelson. It just reminded me why Willie Nelson is such a beloved musician and person. It's amazing to think that at 77 he is still ceaselessly touring and performing around the world. That he is an activist for various causes makes me like him so much more. Especially his public questioning of the collapse of World Trade Center Building 7 and saying that the Twin Towers were imploded, is something only a handful of people-in-the-public-eye are willing to do. (Another celebrity to question the official 9/11 report is Charlie Sheen.)

The song "Satan, your kingdom must come down" in the YouTube-video above is from his latest album Country Music. The song below, "Gravedigger", is from his 2007 album, Moment of Forever -- originally by Dave Matthews Band.

5 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

I like how he has used the same guitar for ages. He'll never give it up. :)

okkun said...

Finally I've settled down here in Mississippi. IT looks like I am in somewhere in South Africa. Probably I took the wrong flight and I came to this place : )

And the school has just started. Very different, very american.

Skryfblok said...

@Christine

I didn't know that about him using the same guitar. On the interview with Larry King he mentioned having lots of guitars strewn about his home, but I guess he has a favourite for performing.

Skryfblok said...

@okkun,

It's so good to hear from you! Glad you made it safely to South Africa ... uhm ... Mississippi. All of the best with school -- I hope you enjoy it immensely!

Einstein's Brain said...

Willie Nelson has a favourite guitar he calls "Trigger" that he has had for a long time and it has many signatures of celebrities on it. It's one that he will always have. I do think it's cool he still has a great collection of other guitars.