Wednesday 8 July 2009

Something smells...uhm...grapefruity

(Image Source)

Flies, quite possibly fruit flies, followed me around today.

On teachers' day earlier this year I received eau de toilette as a gift from my department. The bottle of Dunhill "Pure" cologne comes in an attractive bottle and has a powder blue hue. At first whiff it has a clear sweet floral smell. The tenor tone is lotus leaf. The base, however, although apparently white pepper, when mixed with the floral smells (lotus leaves and iris) and cardamon as the high note, causes a grapefruit after smell on my skin.

Honestly, this is not my favourite cologne. It's too florally and I don't like the grapefruity odour it has on my skin. Nevertheless, I'm not one to waste an expensive gift and will probably continue to use it every so often, regardless of the fruit flies.

No comments: