Saturday 11 July 2009

Movie Reviews: Terminator 4, Transformers 2, and Speed Racer

Short reviews of some (sc-fi?) movies I saw in the last two or three months.


Terminator IV: Salvation (2009)

Not a bad movie, with some good action and a dark mood that follows smoothly from Terminator III: Rise of the Machines. In this movie we learn where the original cyborgs (cybernetic organism: robotic skeleton covered with living tissue) come from. Unfortunately, neither Terminator III nor Terminator IV could revive the thrilling magic of the first two, especially Terminator II: Judgement Day (my favourite). I think the missing ingredient is Linda Hamilton.






Transformers 2 (2009)

I just could not get into this film. It was just too humongous. The machines are so huge, the momentum so great, and the speeds so fast that it was impossible for me to suspend my disbelief. The special effects are very good, to be honest, and Megan Fox running towards you with sweat dripping over her bouncing boobs makes for nice viewing as well. Still, this movie just didn’t convince me.




Speed Racer (2008)

I wasn’t intending to see the Wachowski brother’s green screen film, but since Rain acts in it, I thought I’d give it a go. Let’s just say that I I’m very unlikely to watch this movie again. Unless you’re a pre-adolescence boy, give this one a skip.

Trivia: Rain acts in another Wachowski project coming out later this year: Ninja Assassin. Now this is something I am looking forward to see. (See Rain/Ninja Assassin photos.)

1 comment:

Einstein's Brain said...

I only saw Transformers 2 out of those. I agree that it wasn't that great. I had some laughs from it, but if I never see it again I won't mind. Too many explosions and bad acting. I do wish they wouldn't make movies like that, that don't have better developed plots and rely on special effects to make it entertaining.
Someone on my blog list wrote a good blog about it: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2009/07/transformers-2-revenge-of-fallen.html