Saturday 25 July 2009

Pink: My Favourite Pop Diva

(Image Source)
I have an extensive music collection covering a vast array of genres, ranging from classical and opera to rock and blues, from British and American to African and Asian, from jazz and cabaret to . . . However, I must admit there are some genres I just do not have a taste for – Boeremusiek, for example. And also, generally, I do not like pop music.

During my trip to South Africa at the beginning of this year I got to hear Pink's Funhouse (2008) album on the airplane. I liked it so much that I later got the album. It's been nearly six months since I heard it the first time and it is still growing on me. Although I listen to various albums all the time, it is quite probably that Funhouse is the album I've returned to the most over the last couple of months. I'm thinking it is the nice blend of funky songs with exquisite, heartfelt ballads. The album was mostly inspired by Pink's separation from her husband; her honest emotions seem to seep through these songs. (I read somewhere that they are trying to work things out again, which would be nice).

My favourite ballads from this album are "I Don't Believe You", "Please Don't Leave Me", "Crystal Ball", and "Glitter in the Air".










2 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

I agree that P!nk is great. I love her Janis Joplin tribute. :)

Skryfblok said...

Haven't heard the Joplin tribute. Will have to do so, as I like Joplin as well.