Tuesday 21 July 2009

Louis Vuitton's Tambour Mysterieuse

Unlike my neighbour who calls himself "brand loyal", and only buys brand name products, I'm not one for brand names. I either like something, or I don't like it, and in fact would usually not buy something, specifically because it is a brand name product; it makes me feel predefined and therefore I often avoid them. Don't get me wrong; it is not that I don't like fashion; I do. It is just that I hate to be defined, or rather, confined, by it.

(Image Source)

I must admit, however, that Louis Vuitton's new Tambour Mysterieuse line of watches are beautiful pieces and I wouldn't mind owning one. That was before I saw the price. I don't consider myself stingy, although I am frugal. Apart from being frugal, I consider myself also quite pragmatic, which means that paying $260 000 for a watch is anything but practical. In Korea I can buy 30 000 fairly decent watches for the same price. With $260 000 one can probably feed a small African village for a number of years.

Sorry, Louis Vuitton. A very nice watch, but not something anybody with a consciounce, will buy.

1 comment:

Lindi said...

wow :-) pricey but i guesse its worth it with the label. It looks good though................:-)