Tuesday 4 October 2011

Manhunt International 2011 -- Seoul, Korea

Currently Gangnam, a district in Seoul where I used to live, is hosting their annual Gangnam Fashion Festival. Fashion shows ran this past weekend and will continue over next weekend. Part of last nights line-up was the peacock parade of "Manhunt International". I wasn't going to take pictures of this section, but the battery of my friend who went with me to the fashion show ran out, so she asked me to take photos for her. Well here are the pictures of the global male beauty stereotypes for your viewing pleasure. I wasn't able to snap a picture of all of them, but these are most of them. There are more photos at the official website, including mugshots of each contestant and an opportunity to vote for your favourite.

Honestly, some of these guys do not reflect the countries they are from at all. Take for instance the guy representing Kazakhstan--he is the one in the green jacket. He has blond hair and bright blue eyes. Not what I would think a representative of Kazakhstan's handsome dark haired and some what Asian looking men.

In the photos below the pageant contestants are seen in their national costumes. Honestly, some of these costumes were quite outrageous. I added captions for the countries that I can remember.

Australia





Angola

Costa Rica

China



England

France

Greece

Hawaii

Hong Kong

India




Japan


Kazakhstan



Macedonia



Mongolia

Pakistan




Singapore



South Africa


Thailand




Korea

The final pageant for Manhunt International 2011 will be held in Central City, Seoul, on 10 October.

No comments: