Tuesday 28 June 2011

Punctuation vs Memories of a Deceased Friend

Johnny Knoxville & Ryan Dunn
Source
So I was reading Jackass star Johnny Knoxville’s post on his blog about the loss of his friend and fellow Jackass celebrity Ryan Dunn who died on Sunday in a car accident and all I could think about while reading the post is: “Wow, this guy has excellent grammar and really knows how to use punctuation properly.” I think I’ve reached a level in my career as an English lecturer where I ought to become seriously concerned with my priorities. Surely someone’s use of punctuation is not as important as his memories of his deceased friend. Or is it the fact that I'm so used to seeing terrible grammar and use of punctuation amongst my students that when I see it applied properly it causes an endorphin rush in me? Either way, it's a cause for concern. What's happening to me?!

Knoxville's post is a touching tribute to his friend.

No comments: