Monday 7 September 2009

First House Warming / Taekwon-Do Social

Back: Sanko, David, Cory, Jay
Front: Anna, Phoebe, Baya, Christine


Sunday night I had my first house warming / Taekwon-Do social at my new apartment. I’ve been wanting to invite the Taekwon-Do gang over for some time now and with two of them (Phoebe and David) leaving sometime this week (they are going to America and Australia respectively), I thought the sooner the better.

Missing from the group photo is Haley, whom left earlier, and Byeong-du who avoids cameras. Unfortunately our instructors couldn't make it either. In a sad turn of events, the father of our chief instructor passed away recently and the assistant instructor had prior commitments.


Baya is credited with taking photos of the food. I made Thai Curry (again) and for desert we had Häagen-Dazs ice cream. It was interesting to see all the guys in the kitchen preparing the meal, and all the girls chatting away in the lounge. Apparently, that is how is ought to be -- or so I was told.

I plan to have a second house warming for my non-Taekwon-Do friends soon. A nice apartment (like my new apartment) should not go to waste. I wonder what food I'll prepare next time. I've been playing the Thai-Curry trump card too often now. Maybe I should look into something authentically South African, like bunnychow, bobotie, or snoek with peach jam and sweet potatoes. I wonder if I'll be able to get the ingredients... I haven't cooked meat in ages, so maybe I should go with something else. In any case, many of my friends are vegetarian, so South African cuisine might not be the best option. There is always macaroni and cheese...

2 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

The food was good. Thank you for inviting us over for a pleasant evening!

LadyBird said...

boys slave over the stove, girls chillaaax....the perfect recipe - lame pun intended...
..thank you sanko for the fabulous banquet, the physics and religious education and your fine fine company :-). don't eat too much ice cream, king! ;-)