Saturday 18 August 2012

Spring Awakening



A theatre production I really wish I could see is the rock musical Spring Awakening, which had won numerous Tony Awards, as well as a Grammy Award for Best Musical Show Album (2008). Actually, this is not the first time for me to write about my wish to see it.

I have the soundtrack and have even watched the bootleg video on YouTube. While such an illegal copy on YouTube is supposedly taking revenue away, according to the Media Industry, it has caused in me quite the opposite reaction -- I want to see the actual performance even more now.

There used to be a Korean version of the musical, but I missed it. It was reworked into Korean in any case so that I would not have understood it even if I saw it. Still, I'm regretting it a little that I never did go to see it. But who knows, maybe they will one day come by on tour. I did after all get to see Rent when they came to Korea.

The song below from Spring Awakening is one of the most beautiful and brutally honest love songs I have ever heard.



Another big Broadway production of which a Korean version is currently running in Seoul is Wicked. I'm considering seeing it.

No comments: