Monday 1 October 2012

Blue Bus 202

Blue Busses in Seoul (Image Source)
Today was a public holiday in Korea, so I decided to go on a little adventure. I jumped on Blue Bus 202 that runs close by my house and just see where it goes. I frequently use Blue Bus 202 to the closest two subway stations, but seldom take it beyond that--and even when I do take it further, I've never seen more than a third of its total route.

And what an impressive range it covers! From the eastern outskirts of Seoul all the way to the west side of down town Seoul, passing several of the city's hotspots such as Cheongnyangni, Dongdaemun, Myeongdong, Seoul (Train) Station, the Korean Bank Museum, to mention just a few. And close by several other locations of interest like Insadong, Jong-ro, City Hall, and several universities.

It takes the bus about an hour and a half to an hour and fourty-five minutes or longer, I would guess -- depending on the traffic, to journey one way. My trip today took much longer, of course, as I got off at two stops. One was in Myeongdong to get some footage for my other blog (Korean Minute), and the other stop was in Dongdaemun where I had some Indian food for dinner.

A pleasant way to spend an afternoon-evening.

Read another blogger's guide to using the busses in Seoul here. While the Life-in-Korea website gives a more detailed explanation of the buses and their routes (although the fares are outdated).

No comments: