Monday 6 December 2010

Classes for Next Semester

Next semester I will be teaching very much the same classes I taught last semester, minus one class, Research Methodology. This is quite a relief. Research Methodology is a time consuming class, especially when you are working with over 40 students! My list of classes includes:

  • Intermediate English Listening and Speaking
  • Basic Vocabulary
  • 19th Century British Poetry (Romantics)
  • British and American Essays
  • Literature and Visual Arts (Shakespeare Films)

The first list I got did not include the Romantics, which had me very disappointed. Instead I was going to teach Media English, whatever that is. Luckily the lecturer that was assigned 19th Century British Poetry (my favourite class) was willing to trade Media English with me so we suggested it to the department chair. He said he'd think about it. I haven't heard from him yet, but this afternoon when I went to the department office I saw the administrative personnel busy preparing the rosters for the different classes, so I saw my list of classes.

Update, 8 Dec 10:

I just had a department meeting this morning during which time the department chair told me that I may be required to teach Research Methodology after all . . .

No comments: