Friday 3 September 2010

Poetry-Shmoetry


I'm not really crying like an anime school girl because this emotional roller-coaster week ended with my poetry class being cancelled. Nonetheless, I am disappointed. But for the first time since I started this job I will actually have the teaching hours of a normal university lecturer. This means that I can do other things, channel my energies into things that I have neglected. I have more than one option and am considering doing one (or two) of the following over the next couple of months:

  • Study Korean
  • Write an academic article
  • Start a research project
  • Edit and submit my poetry to a publisher 
  • Get a Korean driver's license 
  • Start a creative writing / poetry writing club

2 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

I'd like to get a Korean driver's license. I'm not sure how to go about doing it.
I'm sorry about the poetry class, at least you did get to teach that already. Yet, that would have made the teaching more easier anyway. :(

Skryfblok said...

The Global Village at Itaewon can help one with the driver's license process. http://global.seoul.go.kr/itaewon/

Yeah, it is a pity about the poetry class but it might be a blessing in disguise. Last semester I was close to burning out with the many hours I taught.