Tuesday 14 September 2010

Alexander McQueen's the Man! [And so is Lady Gaga. And let's not forget about Bjork.]


I love Alexander McQueen's designs. His 2009 Fall Men's Collection was one of the most interesting fashion collections I've taken note of. I wanted to blog about it but forgot completely. Then suddenly, the following design by McQueen reminded me about it.


Again McQueen impressed me with his great ingenuity. Yes, it's Lada Gaga dressed in a frock made of raw meat -- or at least it resembles raw meat. I doubt it's the real deal. And wasn't it for the connotations, it could actually be a "beautiful" dress. Lady Gaga said that it was meant to make a statement about [women?] being viewed as "a piece[s] of meat." This was one of the outfits she wore during the recent MTV Video Music Awards. Credos to Lady Gaga for making the pop world more interesting.

If you don't know it yet, Lady Gaga won eight awards, including the best video of the year.



This meat dress is probably the most talked about outfit since Bjork showed up as a swan for the 2001 Oscars.

No comments: