Friday 2 April 2010

Do You Like the New Look?

It's all thanks to Blogger’s new Blogger Template Designer, one of the latest new toys in the “sandbox” of Blogger in Draft. Blogger in Draft is Blogger’s laboratory where they test out new features before releasing it to everyone.

Blogger Template Designer is the best thing to happen to Blogger, since … uhm … ever! Just look how much more interesting I was able to make my blog, and it hardly took me 30 minutes! The interface is ridiculously easy and there is enough variety to cover most people’s tastes.

It has been a well known fact that Wordpress outdo Blogger hands down. The only reason I started a blog on Blogger is because I used a Gmail-account and I found it convenient that when I’m logged into my email account I’m automatically logged into my blog as well. (I used to have a Yahoo! 360-blog when I used my Yahoo! email address as my primary email address; however, when I made my Gmail account my primary email I switched blogging sites as well.) Blogger has definitely stepped up the ladder with the Blogger Template Designer initiative.

I’ve been thinking of moving my blog onto a personal server (rather than Blogger) but there is something about the serendipitous nature of Blogger that I like. At the top of every Blogger-blog is that nifty little “Next Blog” link. By clicking on it I’ve discovered some really interesting blogs, some of which I still return to every so often and which are listed in my “Other Blogs I Frequent”-blogroll. And now with Blogger Template Designer making designing options so much easier, I don’t see the need for hosting the blog myself. Apart from the convenience of it being free, it also takes away the need to do actual web design. One of my degrees is in Graphic Design, so designing a new blog is not that much of a challenge, but I must say that I’m quite happy with the new look; so why reinvent the wheel? In any case, my project pyp-online is keeping me busy enough with web design and other stuff.

3 comments:

BoerinBallingskap said...

Lyk vars en nuut! Miskien kan Wordpress ietsie leer.

Einstein's Brain said...

I like it. The colours fit you too.

Skryfblok said...

Dankie / Thanks.