Sunday 28 February 2010

Radiohead's “Creep”

This is probably the most beautiful song by Radiohead.



Here’s a cover by Moby. I guess he thought that his cussing would add to the feeling of the song, but I think it deducted from the song, to be honest.



The Pretenders’ version is quite good. When Chrissie Hynde curses in the song, it's more believable than when Moby does it.



My favourite cover is by Damien Rice. He truly has the ability to give an emotional interpretation to a song that few other vocalists can match.



In 2008 I embedded a YouTube-video on Skryfblok of Jeff Buckley singing Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah”. I just now stumbled upon another cover of this song by Damien Rice, which is also pretty good, although Buckley’s cover is still the best, in my opinion.

2 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

"Hallelujah" is one of the best songs ever recorded. I like Rufus Wainright's version a lot. Kate Voegele also did good.
Radiohead is a good band.

Verdant said...

Ek hou van "Creep," maar ek dink "Iron Lung" is my gunsteling liedjie van Radiohead. Albei van hulle is baie goed!