Wednesday 17 February 2010

Counting down...

There are only a couple of days, merely hours, remaining before I return to Korea. This last week have been, nonrhythmic, for lack of a better word. Some clusters of time I'm hectically busy trying to fit everything and everyone in, and then there are moments where I feel bored -- open periods with no appointments and nothing to do.

I feel guilty to admit it, but I'm looking forward to going back to Korea. It's been about six weeks now of being on the road, living out of suitcases and backpacks, traveling in uncomfortable transportation systems, sleeping in foreign beds, and eating other people's food, with little personal time. I long for my own place again, my own bed, own food, own schedule, own access to lightning fast Internet.

The sad thing is that once I'm back in Korea I will have little time to enjoy all my "owns". The moment I'm back I will have to clean my apartment, move offices, finish preparations for the coming semester, and focus on some other projects that are part of my visit here in South Africa. Nonetheless, it's better when you are at "home."