Tuesday 19 January 2010

A Sunday Well Spent

Sunday morning I helped my brother to move some precast walls. My back did not approve. My brother ended up doing much more of the hard labour, making me realise how much of an “academic” I’ve become. I’m not too fond of the idea of being a sissy-scholar. When I get back to Korea I’ll definitely need to resume my sessions with the chiropractor and also go to the gym more often for some resistance training. I’m just not sure how I’ll fit it in with my many martial art training sessions.

Later the afternoon I met up with Gerhard and his girlfriend. Gerhard was initially a Taekwon-Do student of mine, but we later realised that we have a strange commonality – our diverse interests. I have a great number of dissimilar friends. I really need such an assortment of friends because I have such a vast array of interests. This, unfortunately, makes hosting parties a little bit of a problem, since when I invite all my friends many of them don’t have anything in common with each other apart from me. There are, however, a few (very few) friends that are like me in the sense that they also have many and varied interests. Gerhard is one such a person. Unfortunately we became friends only a few months before I took up my current job in Korea, so we did not have that much time to build on our friendship. Nonetheless, the times we do get together we manage to talk almost continuously for hours on end about a wondrous arrange of topics. Apart from our interesting discussions we also managed to have dinner and played a couple of rounds of pool. I truly miss this kind of company in Korea.

1 comment:

Lindi said...

day nicely spent.....I like the pic......those pool rooms are nice but people smoke......