Wednesday 6 January 2010

Hong Kong: Day Four

On Tuesday I had brunch (fried rice noodles) and set off for Ngong Ping where I took the cable car to the Great Buddha. Both the cable car and the Buddha are quite impressive. If I have time later I will discuss this statue and Buddhism in general in more detail.

That evening I went to Temple Street Market and Jade Market. This is where foreigners like to buy souvenirs, but nothing really caught my eye. To be honest, I'm not really one for souvenirs. I like taking photos and that is usually enough for me.

Later I went to see a Chinese movie (Treasure Hunter). I just thought it appropriate to see a martial art movie while in Hong Kong.

1 comment:

Lindi said...

.....Yes that market is just crowded and i think a bit expensive.....and one needs to have some patience...great times.....