Thursday 24 December 2009

What do you do on Christmas?

Three posts in a row… Clearly I’m procrastinating. I still have to grade some exam papers, but instead I’m surfing the Net and coming up with more things to post about. Luckily the grades are only due Sunday at midnight, so I still have time.

What do you do on Christmas?

In a previous post I mentioned that I do not celebrate Christmas. What I meant was, that I do not consider it a spiritual occasion or holyday, neither do I buy into the European traditions of setting up Christmas trees and buying grand gifts for everyone.

Sometimes, however, if I do get swept up by the spirit of the season, I’d do some Christmassy stuff. For one, if I’m going to listen to Christmas carols, let it be from Diana Krall’s Christmas Songs (2005) album.



The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is also a favourite alternative to the typical Christmas carol vibe.



I also like to read or watch Terry Pratchett’s “The Hogfather.”



…or any Terry Pratchett novel, for that matter.

Tonight I’m planning to go to a Korean Rockabily concert, featuring The Moonshiners, and tomorrow I will join colleagues and friends for a Christmas Lunch in Itaewon.

Apart from these moments of social activity, I'll be spending much of today and tomorrow grading papers...

2 comments:

Lindi said...

...That Diana Krall...is killing me softly....

Einstein's Brain said...

Trans-Siberian Orchestra is great. They have now completed a fourth album, which I am excited about.