Tuesday 29 December 2009

Chrismas Eve

So what did you do on Christmas Eve?

Well, my initial plan was to go see the band The Moonshiners, but when I got to the area where it was (Hongdae), it was so overly crowded that I got irritated and decided to give it a skip. Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve are terrible congested in Seoul and unless you like extreme crowds it is better to stay home on these evenings. So instead, I went to a Korean friend’s home. He had some female friends he wanted me to meet and although I was quite tired (and feared that he wanted to hitch me up with one of them), I obliged. There is a time and a place… Nonetheless, it turned out quite nice, especially since they brought an ice cream cake to treat us.


Now as some of you may know, I’m somewhat of an ice cream snob. I used to think that I don’t like ice cream – that was until I had high quality ice cream, and now I cannot get enough of the good stuff. The ice cream cake – in the form of a snowman – was from Baskin Robbins. It is not the best quality ice cream, but it is above average and edible.



Taking photos is one method I keep track of the “events” in my life, so, of course, I had to take some pictures of the snowman ice cream cake, and my relationship with it. With the cake came this pink little cap, of what I’m assuming to be a penguin. As the foreigner it immediately befell on me to be the wearer of the pink penguin face. Just for the kick of it, I wore it again the next day when I went out with colleagues and friends for a Christmas Lunch. The only place I’ll get away with wearing pink penguins on my head is in Korea.



Was this another attempt at looking cute? I do not think I succeeded. Maybe I've been in Korea too long...

No comments: