Tuesday 17 November 2009

Behind Blue Eyes



Every time I hear the sinisterly beautiful song “Behind Blue Eyes,” it puts me in a contemplative mood without fail; especially Limp Bizkit’s version.

Most (younger) people knows Limp Bizket’s rendition of “Behind Blue Eyes.” However, theirs is in fact not the original version. This is actually a song from the early 70s, by The Who and was written by Pete Townshend. To be honest, I did not hear the original before I heard Limp Bizket’s version. It was only after I heard the cover by Sheryl Crow that I eventually heard the original by The Who.

Below is the original as well as Sheryl Crow's cover.





Which of the three do you prefer?

2 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

I like Sheryl Crow's cover a lot.

The Who's version made me think of a cartoon clip I watched when I was a kid--"Tiny Toon Adventures" with "Who's on Stage?" They don't make cartoons as good as they used to. I was talking about those 'toons last week with some friends. I need to blog about that now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY7_ZwgoeJM

Skryfblok said...

That was funny -- thanks for sharing.

I've got the whole Tiny Toon Adventures collection.