Thursday 26 February 2009

Women wanting to change men

“That won’t work,” she said. “Women always think that they can change a man.”

I had a nice discussion with an elderly friend of mine today. I told her my worry about some women that I suspect are interested in me, but for whom I do not feel the same interest. I mentioned how I did not show much overt attention to them; in the hope that they would get that I’m “just not that into [them]”. Her response was somewhat surprising, and quite enlightening. “Women believe that they can change how you feel, given the opportunity and enough time.”

We did not discuss the success of women in “changing” a man, but it was not necessary. I won’t be changed. I know what I want and what I don’t want in a partner and out of a relationship. Attempting to change my mind is futile.

I just wish I had a nice way of telling them that they are wasting their time.

No comments: