Friday 19 December 2008

Possible Classes and Schedule for Next Year

I just received my probable schedule for next year, including the subjects I am likely to teach; and I am quite excited. I’m likely to lecture 15 hours a week. This semester I taught 14 hours.

The modules I’m likely to be teaching are:
  • Intermediate English Listening and Conversation (I taught it this semester as well.),
  • Intermediate English Reading and Writing (I taught it this semester as well.),
  • British and American Essay,
  • English Essay Writing,
  • 19th Century British Poetry,
  • and an obscure one hour a week called "MBA"; I’m not sure what it entails and doubt it has anything to do with business.
I especially look forward to the poetry class.

My schedule also looks really great. On Mondays my last class finishes at 13:00, Tuesdays at 15:00, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 14:00 and Fridays at 11:00. Also, Mondays I only start at 11:00 -- unfortunately, we have faculty meeting every Monday morning from 8:30. And like this year, we never start before 8:30.

Although the essay and poetry modules will take more preparation than the language skills (listening, speaking, reading & writing) classes, I am looking forward to it as it is more in line with my personal interests and main field of expertise, namely Creative Writing. The bad thing about the essay classes is that it requires lots of grading -- something I very much dislike.

Nonetheless, I look forward to my job next year. And that is a great boon. When spending so much time at work everyday, it is very important that one likes ones job.

2 comments:

Einstein's Brain said...

It sounds like you have a nice schedule for next term. I will be bringing some of my old textbooks with me in order to brush up on things.

Lindi said...

Pragtig!!!!