Thursday 23 October 2008

Self-Portrait Poll Results

I had this poll going for the last week with regard to my self-portraits on this blog.

The verdict is out. Thirteen percent really likes the photos, 33% likes the photos and 22% admitted that some of the pictures make them uncomfortable. The remaining 33% doesn’t seem to mind either way. Nobody thought the photos to be disgusting.

It is especially the more abstract pictures depicting cropped sections of my anatomy that was of concern. Admittedly these images are a type of aesthetic exhibitionism, but I believe it is somewhat in line with many of the posts on this blog that are quite personal and candidly honest.

Since there are no serious complaints, and seeing as 45% liked the photos, versus 22% that felt uncomfortable about them, I will continue with my artistic honesty as I’ve been doing thus far.

Thank you to all that participated in this exercise.

No comments: