Monday 22 September 2008

Sunday: Babies, Martial Arts and Work

Yesterday I slept in. I would say it is a good way to start a Sunday. If only the whole day was that peaceful.

I went to my friend John's. The visit was twofold. Firstly it was to meet John (American) and Yoshiko's (Japanese) baby-daugther, Mika. (American + Japanese = Cute.) I've been told that she looked forward to meeting her first South African. I hope I didn't disappoint.

The second reason for my visit was for Taekwon-Do. Both John and I do ITF Taekwon-Do, which is sort of a novelty in South Korea. It is easy to find a WTF school, but ITF schools are rare and difficult to access. For this reason John and I plan to train together, hopefully once a week. We worked out at a nice spot near his house that John likes to call "Stone Henge". It is a type of amphitheatre nestled next to a mountain trail in the middle of Seoul. We'll mostly likely work on our patterns, which is something that can quickly get rusty if not trained often.

After our visit and training I had to rush back to my office. (It takes about an hour or so to get from the centre of Seoul to where I live.) I teach different modules on Mondays, so there is lots of preparation that needs to be done. I had just over an hour to work on my preparation, because at six o'clock I had Taekkyon training and the building where my office is, is locked in the evenings after seven. Which is good on the one hand, as it forces me not to procrastinate too much. But bad on the other hand; especially if I suddenly need to go to my office and everything is locked up!

I've come to the conclusion that Sundays are too busy. I really need to get my preparation for Mondays done before the weekend. I need to plan better. It is time to read Stephen Covey's First Things First again.

The photos in this post are not Creative Commons images.

2 comments:

Khatija said...

The baby's really cute :)

Skryfblok said...

Yes she is. The Asian-Cocasion offspring tend to be beautiful.