Saturday 20 September 2008

Goodbye Tsubasa and Kenichi

I’ve finished watching season one of the anime series Tsubasa Chronicles as well as the complete series of Kenichi – The World’s Greatest [Martial Art] Disciple. So with terrible nostalgia I will now remove these two serieses from my “Currently Watching” list, on the right side of this blog.
I look forward to finding the next season of Tsubasa Chronicles, but I know it will be a difficult search finding it with English subtitles.

However it is especially sad to have to part with Kenichi. This awfully funny story of a boy learning martial arts from five gruelling master-instructors was one of the best I’ve seen. Of course I am biased because of my own interest in the martial arts. Still, it is such an uplifting tale of honest fear overcome by determined effort. And as I said already – awfully funny! I’m going to miss Kenichi a lot.

No comments: